As an Infrastructure Services Engineer, your role with C5 will be to provide technical advice, in addition to the implementation of second line support and maintenance services to ensure continuous access to our client’s IT systems.
You should be flexible and have an interest in working within a dynamic environment, as each day will bring a new set of tasks.
As our ideal candidate, you should also have a view to progression in your career. We will support your personal development with regular reviews, investment in training that will develop your industry capabilities and offer exposure to a variety of service delivery platforms, client-specific systems and technologies.
To do the job you will need…
- At least 3 years’ experience in a similar technical role
- The MCSA in Server 2012 (or equivalent) or be working towards this qualification
The sort of person we are looking for will have…
- A self-motivated and proactive attitude
- The ability to work independently
- The confidence to show leadership qualities when required on larger projects
- A good sense of teamwork to collaborate well with others and communicate the status of current projects
The job will involve…
Infrastructure Services Engineers provide technical advice and support for our clients, so you must have an understanding of current and new trends in technology.
Your role will be to achieve client satisfaction in our delivered services, and contribute to internal development projects and initiatives, meaning that you should be passionate about and engaged with technology.
You should also demonstrate a desire for growth and development in your professional and technical knowledge and skills.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Delivering technical and engineering support to C5 clients, both internal and external
- The resolution of incidents and supporting the operation of our client’s IT environments
- Assisting in the undertaking of the discovery and assessment of client needs and requirements
- Providing support for specific technology areas (e.g. Microsoft server applications) and other supporting infrastructures as appropriate
- Undertaking ad hoc engineering projects to enhance the effectiveness of services
- Assisting in the delivery of internal improvement projects when required
- Ensuring relevant technical, operational and security processes and procedures are followed, and established quality standards are met
- Compiling and maintaining documentation for the design, build, configuration and operation of client’s and service delivery systems
- Attending and contributing to client reviews and other support meetings as requested
The sorts of people who do well at C5 have…
- Original ideas and an open mind to innovation
- A collaborative approach and the ability to communicate effectively
- A positive attitude that translates into great customer service that is professional and ethical
- Entrepreneurial spirit, taking a proactive, problem-solving approach to working
- A desire to make an impact and the ability to deliver
The benefits of working at C5 include…
- Joining a fun, positive and happy team #lifeatC5
- Being part of a fast-growing, well-respected company which is the largest tech provider in the Channel Islands
- Substantial training budgets to ensure C5 Alliance can deliver the latest technology developments
- Working for the biggest Channel Islands technology provider, with clear progression and development routes
- Flat management structure to support a dynamic internal change process
The closing date for applications will be Friday 28th July.