C5 Cycle Challenge 2019
|Date:||September 8, 2019|
|Time:||Registration from 8am, first 100km and 55km cyclists depart at 9am|
|Venue:||Radisson Blu Waterfront Hotel |
Rue de L'etau
Welcome to the C5 Cycle Challenge 2019
This is the fifth year of the C5 Cycle Challenge and we will again be riding in memory of Neil “Ginge” Hussey. We have found the event to be an overwhelming tribute to him and a huge accomplishment for all who have taken part.
The C5 Cycle Challenge will start and finish at The Radisson Waterfront Hotel, with three routes planned. A distance of 100km for more experienced riders, departing at 9am, a 55km route for recreational riders, which will leave at 9.15am and a 24km route for casual riders.
At the finish line, C5 will be hosting riders for a drinks and light food reception at The Radisson.
All participants will be required to register with a minimum donation of £10. Profits raised will be in aid of the Neil Hussey Heart Charity.
We hope to reach our biggest fundraising total this year and would encourage cyclists of all abilities to take part.
Distances and Routes
Before setting off on the day, we would ask all riders to review their route and ensure they are familiar with it.
24km Challenge Route is on Strava here.
55km Challenge Route is on Strava here.
100km Pro Route is on Strava here.
The 100km, 55km and 24km routes will be comprehensively marked with our distinctive arrow boards, featuring the cycle logo and event colours.
8:00am Registration desks open
8:50am First wave of the 100km and 55km riders take their position on the start line
8:55am Second and third waves take their places behind one another in groups
9:00am 100km and 55km riders depart in intervals
9:15am 24km riders depart
10:30 -15:00pm All riders to check-in at finish line with C5 volunteers
15:00pm Last riders to check-in at finish line desk
15:15pm Finish Line closes down and all volunteers depart
Riding Standards & Behaviour
In entering the C5 Cycle Challenge the participant agrees to obey the rules of the road.
All participants need to understand and accept the following;
- Dispose of all litter responsibility.
- That cyclo-sportives are non-competitive events and should in no way be ridden in a competitive manner.
- Be aware of your fellow cyclists; ride in single file as appropriate and no more than two abreast at other times.
- Use the cycle route along Victoria Avenue in St Helier with extreme caution.
- Do not listen to headphones or use mobile phones whilst riding.
- That the management of hazards, terrain and judgement of traffic whilst riding rest entirely with the participant.
- Anti-social, inconsiderate, abusive or other unreasonable conduct may result in the participant being withdrawn from the event.
- The wearing of helmets is mandatory.
- All participants should ensure they ride in a self-sufficient manner, e.g. take their own food, money and means of navigation and means of communication to cover unforeseen circumstances that may leave them without the aforementioned support.
- C5 Alliance accept no responsibiltity for riders, all enter at their own risk.
Medical & Physical Fitness
The participant confirms by entering the event that he/she is medically fit to do so and that no obligation transfers to the organisers to ensure that this is the case. The participant also accepts that adequate preparation and training are required to complete such endurance events.
Junior riders are deemed to be any rider under the age of 18 years on the day of the event. No parental responsibility attaches to the organiser at any time. Any junior who enters agrees to ride in the company of a parent, guardian or other responsible adult at all times during the event. All riders under the age of 18 will need to provide a completed British Cycling parental consent form.
Food & Drink
During the C5 cycle Challenge we will be providing water, bananas and chocolate at specified checkpoints along both routes.
Upon completion of the event, C5 will be hosting food and drinks at The Radisson Waterfront Hotel, St Helier. We will provide light refreshments and would be delighted to meet our 2019 riders.
Please ensure all litter is disposed of properly either in rubbish bins and the start/finish or at the water stations during the ride.
Need more information?
For general enquiries please contact the event organisers.
Tel: 01534 633 733